*stands up* My name is Nickie and I'm a stationery addict. Here's why:
2. I write lists. Lots of lists. Discovering the bullet journal system was a revelation because it meant I had a legitimate reason for writing lists. And the best thing? I actually get to cross things off those lists because I am Getting Things Done.
3. I buy notebooks. I have to have a nice notebook to write my lists in, obviously! I prefer dot-grid paper but this is a recent appreciation and was discovered through the bullet journalling. Lines don't really do it for me any more.
4. I love handwriting. My own is fairly neat but doesn't really have a 'flair' to it so I adore seeing other people's handwriting with the different loops and swirls that they use. It fascinates me, considering we all use the same basic method of learning to write and the letters are a specific shape. I'm made up too when I seeing signatures, especially when written in real ink *be still my beating heart*
5. I have to use certain pens. I most definitely cannot use the same pen all the time. Each occasion demands a different writing implement. My most favourite at the moment is the J Herbin rollerball which I've been using for a couple of months now with Lierre Sauvage (green) ink. I also love Frixion pens for note taking (you can rub them out) and a fountain pen for special occasions,
7. I'm a little bit old school. I covet a red Silvine exercise book, I rarely use shaped erasers because I don't want to spoil them (I love the scented ones too), I sometimes dream about getting remarried just so I can pick some wedding stationery, I own a labeller and my desk is super tidy with everything in its place.
Are you a stationery addict? Stand up and declare now!
Because this is a blogger/brand relationship with Bureau Direct, here's a link to my disclosure policy. You should also sign up to the Bureau Direct #StationeryWednesday newsletter ready for the New Year. It's delivered each Wednesday and an exclusive 10% discount code is shared on the first Wednesday of each month (if you miss any newsletters, you can find them here). There is also a new customer discount code on the Bureau Direct website.