"What is a 'Friday Twiz', Nickie?" I hear you ask. The simple answer is that on a Friday, on Twitter, we hold a pub quiz. Friday Twiz!
To join in, all you have to do is the following:
2. When the TwizMaster asks a question, tweet the answer and include the hashtag #fridaytwiz
#fridaytwiz Take That and Lulu
"Why should I join in, Nickie?" is your next question, isn't it? Well, firstly, it's a good way to get to know new people as everyone joining in will be using the hashtag #fridaytwiz (hopefully) and there are ways to see who is using that hashtag (more of that in a minute). Also, you get to show off your general pub-quiz knowledge in a friendly environment. There is no prize - this is for fun only.
1. The FridayTwiz will start at 9.30 (ish) on Friday evening, UK time.
2. @FridayTwiz is the boss of the whole quiz. @FridayTwiz has the final word. The first, second and third correct answers are as appear in @FridayTwiz's #fridaytwiz timeline.
3. Your answer must include the hashtag #fridaytwiz. It could also be tweeted to @FridayTwiz if you wish.
4. The first three correct tweets will be mentioned in a tweet by @FridayTwiz. Each tweet will include the hashtag #fridaytwiz so will appear in the #fridaytwiz timeline.
5. @FridayTwiz will attempt to keep score but may fail at this.
6. If @FridayTwiz falls down drunk (likely) or runs out of API (even more likely) then the FridayTwiz is deemed to be "on a break" until further notice. Please chat amongst yourselves during this time.
7. The FridayTwiz will end when @FridayTwiz either runs out of questions or participants.
Hints and Tips:
- Download a viewing application for Twitter such as Tweetdeck or Seesmic and become adept at using it. This will set you in good stead for general Twitter use anyway.
- Do not sulk if you were right and didn't get a mention. Remember Rule 2 and Rule 4.
- Follow new people, join in conversations and interact.
- Have Fun!!
If you've got any suggestions for FridayTwiz themes or if you would like to be a Guest Twizmaster for a week please contact me either through my contact page on here or by sending me a DM (direct message) on Twitter and we'll sort something out.
* * *