You can watch what happened in this video as I demonstrate how to make Peanut Blondies from the Hungry Student Easy Baking Book. It's worth it, I promise...
- Vegetable oil or butter, for greasing
- 100g white chocolate, broken into squares
- 60g butter, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 150g light brown soft sugar
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 150g peanut butter (crunchy works best but smooth is fine too)
- 80g plain flour
- 1/4tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 20cm square cake tin
- non-stick baking paper
- Preheat the oven to 180C / Gas Mark 6. Grease a 20cm square cake tin and line with non-stick baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate (traditional or microwave method). When the chocolate is melted, set it aside to cool for around 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter and both types of sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Combine the beaten eggs and vanilla extract and add to the mixture along with the peanut butter. Beat in vigorously until well mixed.
- Pour in the cooled melted chocolate and stir to combine well.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt and fold in.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 25-35 minutes. Be careful not to overcook or the blondies will be dry.
- Allow to cool fully in the tin before cutting into slices.
- Store in an air-tight container and eat within 7 days.