This home will always be a work in progress and in order to relax here I've got to accept that some things just won’t change. We bought new bedroom furniture so that we had to organise our clothes instead of piling them up on the shelving unit in the corner. At least the rest of the room stays in order now.
I would love a large bathroom or even turn the small bedroom into an en suite. The luxury of a second bathroom would be amazing but it would be worth putting some work into making it just as pleasant to be in as every other room in the home. Here's my wishlist for the perfect bathroom in my fantasy house:
- Stone surfaces, not tiles. Both are easily cleaned, but tiles can seem a tad clinical. Plus there’s that whole “keeping the grout” clean issue, although coloured grout could be fun.
- A couple of plants. Needs to handle steam and varied temperatures, so philodendrons or Boston Fern are good choices.
- Towel storage. We can’t escape towels in the bathroom but we can keep them off the floors. Heated towel rails are practical, keeping the space warm and drying towels quickly.
- Storage for products. I'm really not a fan of plastic bottles all over the place and cleaning also happens faster if surfaces are clear. So we want tucked away storage that’s easily accessed when needed, ie once you’re in the bath and remember that you’ve forgotten your sugar scrub.
- Good ventilation. There's nothing worse than a luxurious looking bathroom that smells of mould.
- Maximise natural light. Lying in the bath in the sunlight is one of my favourite luxuries, and luckily we have a big window in our bathroom. This will be undiminished by curtains or blinds. You've got to love a frosted window though!
How would you refresh your bathroom. Let me steal your ideas!
I've been working with Premier Care on this post. For more information about collaborative posts like this please see my disclosure policy