I get bored easily so was hunting around for new skills to learn and stumbled across origami boxes. It's a brilliant way to recycle magazines or brochures (I'm using my Woodland Trust seasonal magazines at the moment) and the boxes are really handy for collecting up vegetable peelings or tea bags or as temporary holders for your latest craft project. I've even stored some unopened boxes in a box so they are ready to use!
I've uploaded a handy YouTube tutorial for you to follow and have written the instructions below - just five steps to follow!!
- Fold your piece of paper into half and then half again
- Fold down the corners to form a triangle on both sides
- Open the flat sides and fold the corners in to the middle fold on both sides
- Fold up the edge twice on both sides
- Open out and push the bottom down to create your box.
Let me know if you give it a go and tell me what you use your origami boxes for.
FREE subscription for new blog post notifications
CLICK HERE to pin this post for later