When it gets towards Christmas, everybody wants to get festive and cheer in this happy season. Finding the right presents to buy and places to go can be a difficult task. Don’t fret though because we’ve come up with some of the most festive cottages to see this Xmas.
· Demelza Barn, Cornwall - When it comes to the best holiday cottages, many of them are found down in Cornwall where you can enjoy the many amenities, harbours and countryside walks that the region has to offer. At Christmas, the festivities begin and you are able to enjoy harbour lights at St Ives and Porthleven – both of which are within walking distance of this wonderful property.
· Libby’s Place, Haworth – A trip to Bronte Country is always a romantic time, but seeing this charming village that was home to the famous sisters covered in snow and festive lights is something that makes for a unique holiday. Take in the famous countryside while walking your way through the cobbled streets of the old-fashioned destination.
· House Martins, Carey – Set in the heart of England, the hamlet of Carey is found a stone’s throw from Hereford. This holiday cottage boasts an open fire and sleeps six, making it the perfect family getaway over Christmas. With numerous walking trails to enjoy, and the magnificent Brecon Beacons to admire, this is a great place to visit at Christmas.
· Bramble Cottage, Robin Hood’s Bay – A quaint village with a magical name, this bay is found between Whitby and Scarborough on the North Yorkshire coastline and is full of charm for everybody – whether you’re a cliff top walker or a beach stroller. Coastal cottages at Christmas can be magical, and from this base you can discover North Yorkshire or sit and watch the world go by with a sea view.
· Weavers Cottage, Gatehouse of Fleet – A rundown of festive cottages just wouldn’t be complete without a look at Scotland. This cottage, found in the countryside of Galloway and Dumfries, was once a mill community but now it is a charming small country town that is in close proximity to Castle Douglas and sandy beaches. What’s more is that you can enjoy an open fire during your stay!
So why not make this Christmas extra special for the whole family and enjoy beautiful scenery at some of the most festive cottages in the UK.
For more information please see my disclosure policy