"Fancy a ride out, love?" my husband asked this morning. I had a think for a couple of minutes and accepted, wondering if we're going to have a drive over to Yorkshire to see a friend who got married a short while ago.
I'm normally cooped up in the office or delivering training sessions up and down Lancashire all week so I togged up in my nice jeans, my favourite Muppets t-shirt and my be-YOU-tiful boots from Zalando. I wondered if I should pack a picnic for the journey.
Here's where we ended up... (click pictures to enlarge). Lucky, LUCKY me.
Things I learnt today:
- My be-YOU-tiful boots from Zalando have a hole in them somewhere as I ended up with a wet foot
- Scrapyards do not have the cast of Top Gear or Robert Llewellyn and Lisa Rodgers running round them making exciting TV shows
- You shouldn't laugh when your husband drops a teeny tiny spanner under a car
- Holding spanners makes your hands oily
- It is easy to steal a small indicator light for the wing of a Saxo by putting it in your pocket and walking out nonchalantly
- Scrapyards make for interesting photo opportunities
- You can walk for miles up and down the rows of cars and not find what you want
- Toyota appear to make the best cars to finish life is a scrapyard
I wonder what we'll get up to tomorrow?