Who would you most like to interview?
I listened to Tim Minchin interview Caitlin Moran once and almost died of happiness. In a perfect world, if i could have chosen to be a fly on the wall, this is one conversation I would have picked. I wish it was still available to listen to (or that I'd downloaded it) because it doesn't seem to be online anywhere.
At work, part of the course I deliver is based around making yourself employable and we cover interview skills. Being interviewed is one of the most nervewracking experiences and whilst you should be researching and rehearsing, you're always waiting for that 'on the spot' moment, aren't you?
#JobAcademy at Totaljobs asked me who I'd like to interview. There is so much choice that I would probably say one person, imagine their answers and then immediately think of someone else. I did interview my child once and his answers were not what I expected at all!
So keeping that in mind, I think I'd like to open the floor to our monarch, HRH Queen Elizabeth II as she is on my list of inspirational women. Here are the questions I would like to ask her just to ensure her mind is in tip-top condition to remain our ever-loyal ruler.
- Have you ever won a trophy?
- If you won a large sum of money on the National Lottery this weekend, how long would you wait until you told people?
- Where would you like to retire to?
- What or who inspires you?
- Is the glass half-empty or half-full?
- What do you think about when you're alone?
- Did you know there's never a comfortable place in your mouth to hold your tongue?
I daren't even second-guess the answers. I suspect there's a spike in the Tower of London with my name on it already...
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED
YOU CAN FIND OUT WHO WON HERE!
Join In To Win!
You can win £150 in high street vouchers by joining me and writing about your fantasy interview.
You need to publish your interview on your own blog and include the following:
- You will need to tell me who you chosen and why.
- What job would you be interviewing them for? Or would they be interviewing you?
- What questions would you/they ask?
- Would they/you get the job?
The prize is supplied by Totaljobs. All entries must:
- be in the form of a blog post (any length but I suggest about 200 words), be published on your own blog and the content must follow the guidelines above
- include this link to the #JobAcademy portal - http://www.totaljobs.com/insidejob/jobacademy/ (and one to this blog post if you like)
- be submitted via the linky below
All entries will be checked and verified. Please let me know if you have any questions. You may leave a comment or send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions
(also available to view on the Totaljobs website)
1. This competition is open to all, except any employees (and their families) of Totaljobs, and anyone else who may be professionally involved with the Promotion (VCCP, I Am Typecast).
2. The Promotion will begin on Friday 11th of October and finishes on Friday 25th of October at 12pm (noon) GMT.
3. The Promotion will be hosted on the website
3. The Promotion will be hosted on the website
4. To enter the competition, entrants are required to create one blog post explaining who they would most like to interview/be interviewed by and why. The blog post must include at least one link to Totaljobs -
6. Entrants must be over 18 and resident in the UK or Ireland
7. All valid entries will be judged by an independent panel chosen by http://www.iamtypecast.com and the winner will be selected based on the creativity and quality of their blog post (and that blog post having adhered to the entry requirements)
8. Winners will be notified by Monday 28th of October by email. If we are unable to contact the winner 7 days after the first notification, we reserve the right to select an alternative winner
9. The winner must provide their full name and address details in order to receive the prize.
10. There is one prize, consisting of £150 of high street vouchers from Love2Shop
11. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative
12. The promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal of greater value at any time
13. The promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize.
14. Any personal data collected from a participant (name, address) will be deleted from our records within 4 weeks of the prizes being received by the chosen winners. We will not store this data for any longer than necessary, and we will not pass on to any third parties besides those involved in the promotion (VCCP).
15. We reserve the right to suspend, change or cancel the Promotion at any time, should it be necessary.
16. Participation in this promotion will be deemed to constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions
NB: Terms updated on 22.10.13 to correct a typo.
Totaljobs is the largest jobs site in the UK. It also hosts regular recruitment news and features, promoted via an email database of over 1 million jobseekers and recruiters. The #JobAcademy is Totaljobs' new reality show, hosted on YouTube in partnership with O2 Think Big and a network of student groups throughout the UK. During the seven weekly episodes Job Academy takes five young people who are struggling to find work and transforms them into lean mean job seeking machines. A host of career experts show the candidates how to dress for interviews, build the confidence to network, write flawless CV's and focus on bagging a dream job. Watch the first episode below (or here if you can't see the video).
For more details about competitions hosted on this blog please view my disclosure policy