When: 17th September 2011
Where: Save The Children HQ, St Johns Lane, London, EC1M 4AR
Time: 9.30am for tea and croissants, 10.00am start, 4.00pm finish
Sign up using the form below and keep reading for more information.
Save The Children are looking to raise more awareness of their call for Health Workers and their follow-on campaign, Vaccines For All. Bloggers from all walks of life and users of many different types of social media have played a major role in supporting the work that Save The Children does. This conference is designed to help everyone understand how they can spread the word using their own methods of networking; blogging, vlogging, social media, photography - the possibilities are endless.
I've been asked to be on the panel for "Blogging 101" along with Christine Mosler (who followed the trail of the vaccine to Mozambique back in June), Kate Gunn (from Kate Takes 5), Jennifer Howze (from BritMums) and Sarah Blakemore (from Save the Children). Our roundtable session will cover setting up a blog from scratch and how you can use your blog to support Save The Children. I am SO nervous but have had wonderful calming telephone calls from both Christine and Liz (from STC) and I'm sure that once I start talking they will have to gag me to shut me up.
The other sessions include:
- #PassItOn - hear from the three mums who followed the vaccine trail to Mozambique
- "Get Vlogging" - using YouTube for social good
- "Taking your blog to the next level" - creating good content and building a loyal following
- "From Floods to Famine" - multimedia storytelling using film and photography
- "When Disaster Strikes" - how aid and support is generated quickly
and you can read more about them here.
So what are you waiting for? Get signed up to the conference (lunch is also provided) and let me know if you're coming so I can say "Hi". But if you can't attend you can still help out by doing any or all of the following:
- Like the Save the Children Facebook Page
- Follow @SaveChildrenUK on Twitter
- Look out for tweets tagged with #savethechildren and retweet them to raise awareness
- Join in with the "Friday Twiz" on Friday 16th September which will be supporting Save The Children again
- Share this blog post with your social network using the tools on the left